Thursday, June 30, 2022

Democrats and Stockholm Syndrome

 

The DNC's documented decision to throw Bernie Sanders under the bus in 2016 was, for this longtime Democrat, the final straw. I re-registered in my home state as "Unaffiliated" and joined the CPUSA so that they could count one more head among their numbers. The CPUSA is a mere shadow of its former self, however: it has not run a ticket in a Presidential election since 1984 and, in 2020, endorsed Joe Biden for President. How its leadership can do that and still consider themselves "Communist" in some sense is utterly beyond me, but I remain a nominal Party member because I affirm Marx and Engels' definition of a Communist Utopia: An association (note: not a State) in which the free development of each is the condition for the free development of all. That definition (from the Communist Manifesto no less) has long struck me as an admirable expression of Anarcho-Communism and Marxist Humanism. In my view, all authentic Leftist politics begins there.

To those who remain members of the Democratic Party to this day, and who continue to reassure one another that their Party will regroup and somehow regain the political territory lost since the Reagan Revanchement of 1980 and its sequellae under every subsequent Republican and Democratic Administration, I ask: Has it ever occurred to you that you may be suffering from Stockholm Syndrome

 

No comments:

Post a Comment